We Have What You Need
Pet Emporium’s reptile store has a large selection of reptile supplies. We have a variety of habitats and reptile food for pet snakes, dragons, chameleons, geckos, lizards, frogs, hermit crabs, tarantula’s, and more. We sell the products you use from the brands you trust.
Food & Care
- Food Bowls
- Food Storage
- Health Care
There are many different types of food items to offer your pet reptiles and amphibians. We stock a large inventory of reptile supplies, for example, live insects, worms, and more. Let our experienced, friendly staff advise you on reptile and amphibian food and care.
Habitats & Accessories
- Terrariums, Cages, & Accessories
- Habitat Decorations
- Habitat Heating
- Thermometers & Hygrometers
- Lighting Systems & Accessories
- Light Bulbs
- Power Strips & Timers
- Water Pumps & Powerheads
- Water Treatments
- Filter Media
- Handling Equipment
Most reptiles require a glass tank. These tanks are called terrariums or vivarium. And, as a result of using glass tanks, the glass withstands the elements of heat and moisture. Which consequently, reptiles typically need in their environment. Most importantly, when selecting a container, it’s essential to choose a tank that is slightly larger than your pet’s present needs. Yes, your pet will need room to grow.
Also, there are a few essential factors to consider when searching for the right reptile. Above all, you’ll want to take into consideration their size, lifespan, diet requirements, and habitat.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Bedding & Sand
- Foggers & Misters
- Habitat Cleaning Supplies
Reptiles, invertebrates, and amphibians require special care to maintain a clean habitat. Therefore, the timing and amount of routine cage cleaning depend on the size and habits of your pet.
Most importantly, the critical point is to store these cleaning items separately from your other household cleaning supplies. You want to make sure to prevent cross-contamination. Above all, never use sinks or tubs that are used for human bathing or food preparation when cleaning your reptile habitat. Pet Emporium sells the reptile supplies you need to assemble a habitat cleaning kit.
There are countless species of lizards and snakes on our planet. To sum up, there are a few common elements these creatures need to stay happy and healthy. That is to say, outside of their natural habitat, reptiles depend upon you, as their owner, to provide the things they need to thrive. Similarly, just like humans, they need and deserve a secure habitat where they’ll be comfortable. Visit our store. We have all of the essentials and the largest selection of reptiles in Santa Cruz County.
Essential Habitat Accessories
- Lighting. First of all, most reptiles should be on a 12-hour cycle because they need 12 hours of visible light per day, followed by 12 hours of near darkness.
- Heating pads. After that, it’s essential to keep your pet warm and comfy. So be sure to buy a special heating pad for reptiles. To clarify, the warmth of a heating pad helps reptiles regulate their body temperature.
- Thermometer. Similarly, most reptiles need heat, but too much heat can be fatal. As a result, having a reliable thermometer in your reptile habitat can help you regulate the lamp placement. To sum up, a thermometer keeps your scaly friend from any accidental discomfort.
- Shade and Structure. On the other hand, reptiles regulate their body temperature by moving from sunny areas to cool shady areas. Therefore, your pet will need small structures so that they can hide away from the light.
- Bedding. Finally, sand and rocks are the best flooring choices for the habitat.
Keep in mind, every creature requires some exercise. Therefore, providing your pets with several places to explore and areas to climb will help keep your animals happy and healthy. As a result, this will help them live a longer life.