Santa Cruz County’s Largest Selection of Reptiles and Reptile Supplies
We Sell the Supplies you Need
Reptile supplies for the following pets:
- Bearded Dragons
- Hermit Crabs
- Aquatic Turtles
- and Tortoises
Keep your pet happy and healthy with proper diet and nutrition. Let our experienced, friendly staff advise you on food and care.
Food & Care
- Food Bowls
- Food Storage
- Health Care
First of all, most reptiles require a glass tank. These tanks are called terrariums or vivarium. And, as a result of using glass tanks, the glass withstands the elements of heat and moisture. Which consequently, reptiles typically need in their environment. Most importantly, when selecting a tank, it’s essential to select a tank that is slightly larger than your pet’s present needs. Certainly your pet will need room to grow.
In addition, there are a few essential factors to consider when searching for the right reptile. Above all, you’ll want to take into consideration their size, lifespan, diet requirements, and habitat.
Habitats & Accessories
- Terrariums, Cages, and Accessories
- Habitat Decorations
- Habitat Heating
- Thermometers and Hygrometers
- Lighting Systems and Accessories
- Light Bulbs
- Power Strips and Timers
- Water Pumps and Powerheads
- Water Treatments
- Filter Media
- Handling Equipment
In addition, reptiles, invertebrates, and amphibians require special care to maintain a clean habitat. Therefore, the timing and amount of routine cage cleaning depend on the size and habits of your pet.
Most importantly, Pet Emporium sells the products you need to assemble a habitat cleaning kit. To be clear, the critical point is to store these items separately from your other household cleaning supplies. You want to make sure to prevent cross-contamination. Above all, never use sinks or tubs that are used for human bathing or food preparation when cleaning your reptile habitat.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Bedding and Sand
- Foggers and Misters
- Habitat Cleaning Supplies
There are countless species of lizards and snakes on our planet. To sum up, there are a few common elements these creatures need to stay happy and healthy. That is to say, outside of their natural habitat, reptiles depend upon you, as their owner, to provide the things they need to thrive. Similarly, just like humans, they need and deserve a secure habitat where they’ll be comfortable.
Five essential lizard and snake habitat accessories
- Lighting. First of all, most reptiles should be on a 12-hour cycle because they need 12 hours of visible light per day, followed by 12 hours of near darkness.
- Heating pads. After that, it’s essential to keep your pet warm and comfy. So be sure to buy a special heating pad for reptiles. To clarify, the warmth of a heating pad helps reptiles regulate their body temperature.
- Thermometer. Similarly, most reptiles need heat, but too much heat can be fatal. As a result, having a reliable thermometer in your reptile habitat can help you regulate the lamp placement. To sum up, a thermometer keeps your scaly friend from any accidental discomfort.
- Shade and Structure. On the other hand, reptiles regulate their body temperature by moving from sunny areas to cool shady areas. Therefore, your pet will need small structures so that they can hide away from the light.
- Bedding. Finally, sand and rocks are the best flooring choices for the habitat.
In conclusion, every creature requires some exercise. Therefore, providing your pets with several places to explore and areas to climb will help keep your animals happy and healthy. As a result, this will help them live a longer life.